Your guide to successfully navigating the European cross-border opportunity
European online shopping is booming, with customers enjoying the luxury of choice among both domestic and international retailers. Retailers, already under pressure from shrinking margins are looking to the opportunities afforded in international markets. No two shoppers are alike, whether shopping at home or overseas that have certain expectations that retailers must meet in terms of delivery, returns, and omnichannel options available to them.
This report is the first of its kind to help answer the question ‘what do I need to offer my customers to be successful?’
- 40% of retailers offer 4 or more delivery options
- 78% offer a free home delivery option
- Local retailers are £1.05 cheaper for standard delivery compared to their international competitors
- The average express delivery speed is 1.5 days
- 59% of multi-channel retailers offer in-store returns
- 78% of retailers offering Convenience Store returns do so at their own cost
We surveyed 100 leading online and multichannel retailers selling in the UK, France and Germany to understand customer expectations in each market when it comes to delivery and returns. Download your copy of the whitepaper to learn what it takes to stand out against the competition in each market, what options are really necessary versus those that are just nice-to-have.